Let's all just forget that it has been months since gracing you all with a new recipe. You will be pleased to know that all recipes from here on in are stamped with the nutritional seal of approval as I am now officially a qualified nutritional expert. Deakin University was so kind as to bestow upon me my post-graduate certificate of nutrition and I celebrated by writing a 5 week fitness and nutrition program!! Copies of my Summer Classique Challenge are available for purchase here.
I've also spent much of the summer preparing our brand new studio premises for the upcoming grand opening and developing new class programs and, most importantly, new recipes for all you fabulous folk to enjoy!!
This week must have been prime time for lime harvesting as my parents and friends gifted an abundance of the little green lovelies to me! I do enjoy a good lime! It's summery citrus flavour gives me the smiles as it brings up all the good times that were had this silly season! Alas the days are getting shorter and little by little the sunny rays are getting softer! (well..... I assume they are for non Sydney-siders anyway!) But Summer doesn't have to be so quickly gone and forgotten! It can live on through these zesty recipes! Enjoy! Mini Raw Lime Cheese Cake: Makes 4
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup coconut
3 Medjool Dates (pitted)
2 Tbs Chia Seeds
Splash of water
1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
Juice of 2 limes
Pinch of Vanilla
2-3 Tbs Maple Syrup/Rice Malt Syrup
Green food dye (optional)
1. Place all base ingredients in food processor and process to a fine sticky crumble (add more water if necessary)
2. Line the base of 4 tart tins with baking paper and press the base into the bottom of each tin
3. Freeze for one hour
4. Combine all filling ingredients in food processor or blender and blitz until smooth and creamy (I prefer the smoother consistency achieved in the blender)
5. Pour filling over the bases and return to freezer for another 3-4 hours or overnight
6. Remove from tins and allow to soften for 5 minutes before serving.
Honey-Lime Dressing: Makes 1 cup
1/4 cup lime juice
2 Tbs honey
Tbs Dijon Mustard Pinch of Salt Grind of Black Pepper Pinch of Cumin 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder 1/4 cup Olive Oil 1/4 cup Macadamia Nut Oil Method: 1. Combine all ingredients in a screw top jar
2. Seal jar and shake vigorously
3. Serve over salad and enjoy!
Lime and Coconut Bliss Balls
Makes a dozen
1 cup Almonds
Juice of 1-2 limes
Tbs Coconut oil 3 Medjool Dates (pitted)
1/4 cup dessicated coconut (plus extra for rolling)
Tbs Chia Seeds Pinch of Vanilla powder
Splash of Maple Syup/Rice Malt Syrup
1. Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until sticky when squeezed together
2. Use damp hands to roll mixture into balls
3. Roll balls in coconut until well coated
4. Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
So hopefully that makes up for my extended absense :p I'm off to Hawaii in the coming weeks on a Yoga journey of self-discovery. I'll leave you some tasty treats before I go! xxxx