Holidays fill me with so much gratitude and happiness. It's such a blessing to have the gift of time to tackle all the tasks that get thrown in a mountainous pile during each school term! This morning I took some much needed time to reconnect with myself and my family. I did a morning yoga session, baked fresh sweet potato scones and took my little dog around to visit my nan and eat a few too many of the aforementioned scones. I sat down for a moment to quickly look at my weekend itinerary (More Antigravity training! Whoohoo!!) and couldn't help but offer a quick little happy anecdote and share two delicious recipes with you all. I love being able to share my healthy food creations with others and I hope that you guys enjoy getting into the kitchen and whipping them up yourselves. As my Nutrition Masters course is finally coming to a close I am feeling excited and equipped with some great knowledge to help others pursue wellness and nourishment through wholesome eating! It's been an age between blogs and whilst I must still tackle a few more assignments, exams and school marking, I really do want to try and knock out a few more tid bits for you guys! In case I don't quite reach all my aspirational goals, here a few things you should definitely take a look at! 1. Fabletics. Kate Hudson is a demi-goddess and I worship her. Now she has launched an amazing new range of fitness wear and it is gorgeous! It feels amazing, its so beautiful, it inspires me to move and it is so reasonably priced that I always spend way more than I should. Get onto it!!
2. Sarah Wilsons next round of Sugar detoxing kicks off on the 1st of October! It's the perfect time to ditch the evil white stuff and get yourself a smokin summer bod in the process. October is the perfect boring month to do this! All those New Years baby's are done having their birthday parties, no real reason for many work functions, Aussies dont worry about Halloween, the cheap wedding season has wrapped up (cue November for your next round), it's too early for Chrissy functions and the weather is just starting to warm up enough for you to think about taking your clothes off after Winter. Get it done. Trust me you will love it!
3. Antigravity Fitness. Lay in a hammock while your fat melts away. Need I say more? Ok so maybe its not exactly "laying" in a hammock.... it's more like doing some crazy cool acrobatic sit ups and pull ups and leg presses and stretches and pilates and yoga and barre and gymnastics all rolled into one super workout. You do it all in a hammock and spend loads of time hanging around decompressing your spine and generally feeling pretty amazing. Check out my studio timetable and get yourself to a class ASAP!! I have every intention to elaborate on all this and more in coming posts. Hold me accountable folks. Especially if you want more scrummy recipes. Until then, I leave you with pancakes and scones. Enjoy xxxx Party Pancakes! (reserve the crazy toppings for special occassions)
Half a banana
1 cup oats
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup milk
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of vanilla
Pure Maple syrup
Fresh or frazen berries
Loving Earth Caramelised Buckinis
Melted Pana Chocolate bar of choice
1. Whizz all pancake batter ingredients up in the blender until smooth.
2. Cook with a drizzle of macadamia nut oil in the frypan until golden on each side
3. Serve topped with amazing partygirl toppings and enjoy it like its your birthday!
Sweet Potato Scones
2 cups spelt flour
2/3 cup almond meal
2 Tbs flaxseeds
1/2 cup milk (any kind)
3/4 cup steamed sweet potato (mashed)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
2. Mix together all ingredients (except pumpkin seeds) and knead into a dough (add more milk if required)
3. Roll dough into scones and place on a lined baking tray
4. Top scones with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and bake for 30 mins until golden
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly
6. Serve warm with butter and try not to eat them all!