So you know how some people get a little depressed on Sunday evening because they have to get up for work on Monday? If you don't know anyone like that you are clearly surrounded by people who love their jobs and are the envy of all others! Anyway it's totally a thing. Google it.
Now imagine little melodramatic me; It's Thursday... and I am depressed about going back to work on Monday! So much so that I got up early this morning in an effort to salvage extra hours of my freedom. Good thing I did too because I kinda went overboard in the kitchen today.
This morning's recipe is a little more fiddly than the other recipes from this series, but believe me when I tell you "Oh Lordy it was worth it!"
Another double banger for you today and even a sneaky side condiment that can be squirted atop many delicious meals!
Get Fresh Green Smoothie
Handful baby spinach
1 Green apple
1 Small lemon
Cup of coconut water
1. Blitz all ingredients in blender and serve! Super tangy and refreshing!
2 Tbs cashews
2 Tbs oats
2 tsp stevia
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp nut butter
3 Tbs milk
Tbs natural yoghurt
1/2 apple sliced
Tbs Rice malt syrup
Sprinkle of cocnut chips
1/4 cup frozen berries, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius
2. Blitz oats and cashews in food processor into a fine flour
3. Add salt, stevia, baking powder and cinnamon to flour and mix through.
4. Add nut butter and milk to dry mix and combine well.
5. Pour mix onto a lined and greased baking tray and bake in oven for 10 mins until golden. Allow to cool for 5 mins once cooked.
6. Lay apple slices down in a pan and sprinkle with cinnamon and rice malt syrup. Cook on a low heat until softened and caramelised
7. Whilst apples cook, blitz berries and water in blender or food processor into a smooth puree sauce.
8. Top your base with yoghurt and layer with apple slices. Drizzle berry sauce over the top and sprinkle with coconut chips.
9. Serve and enjoy!!!
This recipe doubles as an amazing dessert treat also!
I'd love to see how your home efforts are coming along! Be sure to get snap happy in the kitchen and post your photos to instagram tagging @bodyclassique #winterwarmerbrekky
One more weekday to go before the long brekky weekend special!