It's whacky Wednesday and holy batman I can't believe how quickly these precious days are escaping from me. It's nanna Shirleys birthday today and we are headed to the buffet for lunch so a light and energising breakfast was on the cards today. I reckon it took me all of five minutes between walking to the kitchen and sitting down to eat! Now there is no excused to eat crappy cereal!
This one was a double whammy, but both parts could be enjoyed individually for a nourishing start to the day!
Banana Berry Banga! (Green smoothie)
Handful baby spinach
Half a banana
Handful of berries
Half a scoop of vanilla protein powder
Tbs Chia seeds
1 cup coconut water
1. Blits everything in a blender until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour into a much funkier glass than mine and enjoy through a whacky straw!
Banana Blueberry Baked Eggs
Half a banana, mashed
Maple syrup (optional)
A scoop of Natural yoghurt
1. In a microwave friendly dish, whisk together egg, banana and oats.
2. Sprinkle mix with blueberries and press them down into the mix a little
3. Cover and microwave for two minutes
4. Serve with a splash of maple syrup and scoop of natural yughurt! Delish!!!
Note: Microwaves generally aren't great, but neither is skipping brekky so a quick zap seems the lesser of two evils on those mornings when you are rushing out the door. Baking in the oven takes approx 10-20 mins.
Thursday is always a challenging day, not quite Friday, no excuse for laziness. Shall have some high energy recipes prepped xx