It doesn't take my body long to recognise when it is in holiday mode! I enjoyed a long sleep in this morning, only to be drawn from my sleep by an evil circular saw on the worksite opposite my bedroom! Fortunately I had this delicious recipe ready to fill me with happy, warm deliciousness!!
Cup of oats
Cup of water
1/2 cup milk
1 pear, pealed, cored and quartered
Tbs rice malt syrup
1. Slice two of the pear quarters into thin slithers and place in a shallow pan. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and drizzle with a little ricemalt syrup and cook on a very low heat until caramelised.
2. Meanwhile, heat water, milk and remaining cinnamon and rice malt syrup in a saucepan, on a low heat and slowly bring to the boil.
3. Chop remaining pear into small pieces and add to the mix.
4. Once boiling, remove the mixture from heat, add oats, stir through and cover for 5 mins.
4. Pour oats into a bowl and decorate with caramelised pear. Enjoy!
What will whacky Wednesday have in store I wonder??